Friday, October 22, 2010

And the winner is......

On October 2, we issued a challenge to our readers to come up with best modification of a Paulie mayoral campaign add. We chose the ones we liked the most, then left it up to our readers to decide the winner.

In an extremely close finish, the following ad has won our childish little contest by a single vote over the next closest ad (27 to 26):


Congratulations. We will now donate $200.00 to the charity of the winner's choice.

We suspect that this might be one of the few times that the word "winner" has been associated with Paulie who will, with little doubt, be going down in flames when the votes in Mississauga begin rolling in.

Thank you everyone who contributed to the contest. We think we're going to have to do this again soon.

5 comments:

Davegeek said...

What was the second place poster?

My favourite was the lobster poster but I didn't vote for it. I voted for the $5 poster as it was a)the most offensive and b)I like lobster and would hate to think of Mr Fromm eating one. Lobster deserve better.

Anonymous said...

BOOO! The lobster was funnier. RIGGED!

Anonymous said...

Oh darn, I lost by a single vote :/ or I guess two technically. Well congrats to the winner! :D Hope they pick a great charity!

Kurt Phillips said...

It was close right to the end. We figured we were going to have to split the pot.

The money will be going to the defence fund of a G20 protester.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, it is so nice to hear that people liked my version! :D
I think that sounds like a great way to spend the money though!