24 February 2011

The MSM Covers McKee Court Appearance

While we beat them to the original story, this account includes additional information we were not yet aware of:

Attempted murder charges dropped last year

A self-professed white supremacist, who had two attempted murder charges dropped last May in connection with a homemade bomb being planted outside a northeast condo, is back in jail.

Kyle Robert McKee, 25, an alleged member of the Aryan Guard, was in court on Wednesday to face four charges, including assault, uttering death threats, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public and being disguised while committing an indictable offence.


Calgary man Jason Devine told reporters outside court that he is the victim of the crimes, stemming from an incident in the southeast earlier this month.

Devine was also the victim of a home invasion last November, for which nobody has yet been charged.
Defence lawyer Adriano Iovinelli said his client will be back in court next Tuesday for a bail hearing.

After the attempted murder charges were withdrawn, McKee pleaded guilty last year to one count of making explosives for devices found in a search of his home later the same day as the bomb incident on Nov. 21, 2009.

He was released after being given double credit by provincial court Judge Peter Barley for five months already spent in remand since his arrest in December 2009.

McKee had maintained his innocence in connection with the incident at a home on Rundlehorn Drive.
dslade@calgaryherald.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He'll be out (after sentencing) after 6-12 months tops. Pretty mickey mouse charges for someone of his calibre.

Anonymous said...

Quite a life Kyle has carved out for himself.